This course provides progression from the Administration of Medication Foundation Level Online course. This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with vulnerable people within care provisions. This course aims to support learners to understand the homes procedures including recording. This will also cover the rights of medication administration and recognises the reactions that people may have to medication. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Understanding the 6 R’s of safe handling of medication
- How and what to record with medication safely.
- Understand the rights of medication administration and what to do in the event of a reaction to medication.
- Understand how to handle and avoid errors.
- Detail allergies and adverse reactions.
- Discuss routes that medication can be administered.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Care and Support Centre Practitioners, Support Workers, Adult Support Worker, Nursing Staff
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits