This is a full day classroom-based training session for people working with people who need Airway Suction. This course aims to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of the types of suctioning with a focus on Oral Suctioning. It will ensure that learners know how to use and recognise the signs in people who have a need for suction. There is a focus on report writing, the importance on understanding the respiratory system and how this works in relation to aspiration and mucociliary mechanism. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Define airway suction and discuss types of suctioning.
- Give a background to airway suction and investigate current legislation
- Display the anatomy and physiology of the upper airway
- Highlight the types of suction devises
- Describe oral suction both manually and mechanically
- Provide safety tips and things to be aware of.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits