This course will provide an awareness of the effects of alcohol on children and young people and enable support staff to deal with alcohol related incidents in childcare settings. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Help support staff to recognise when somebody is drunk and what to do if they are
- Identify the short and long-term effects of alcohol
- Deal with an alcohol related incident in the home
- Talk to a child or young person about alcohol related issues
- Recognise changes in behaviour that could point towards a drinking habit
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Education Workers.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence