This is a full day classroom-based training session for managers and senior who will be in a position to assess staff competency in moving, assisting and hoisting. This will benefit those who are working (or going to work) with children and adults to assess the practices and the principles of safe moving and assisting and the safe use of equipment such as hoists. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Analyse legislation, company policies and responsibilities.
- Identify competency and assessment and the management of both.
- Explain the role and responsibility of the assessor.
- Explain risk assessment, ergonomics and handling plans.
- Demonstrate participation, person centred approaches, advice and assistance and recording.
Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.
The course price is £80 or 4 Credits