This course provides progression from the Attachment Foundation Level Online course. This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with children and young adults who are affected with Attachment Disorder. This course aims to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of attachment and encourages each learner to reflect on their own personal attachments and their practice in relation to working with attachment disorders. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Define the barriers that children suffer with attachment
- Define Attachment Disorder
- Be aware of the underpinning theory of attachment
- Identify barriers for Children with insecure attachments
- Recognise and manage behaviour linked to negative attachments
- Suggest Strategies to support children with poor attachments
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Education Support Staff and Youth Workers
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits