This is a half day classroom-based training session for those who are working (or going to work) with children and adults with autistic spectrum disorders in the home, classroom or residential environment. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Outline how ASD affects the way a person communicates and relates to people around them.
- Provide awareness of the behaviour exhibited by some people with Autism.
- Provide strategies to support people with Autism.
- Discuss importance of person centred care planning.
Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits