The course provides progression from the Communication Skills – Foundation Level and builds upon the information and guidance provided within that course. Within this course we will raise awareness of the different categories of communication and barriers to communication and effective communication. We will then provide insight into a number of Communication Theories and will help the learner to best identify the most appropriate for them. There is a focus on transactional analysis methods to help learners to reflect on their style and how they like to be communicated with. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, kinesthetic games which can be used in the workplace, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Outline key points of Communication styles
- Provide tools and skills to support good communication practices within the workplace.
- To understand the difference between Communication Styles
- To understand the difference between verbal and non verbal communication skills and the impacts of different styles.
- To provide experience of developing our own Communication Skills
- To reflect on personal strengths, weaknesses and the way that they impact on our personal Communication Styles.
This is a cross sector course and will benefit all professional’s, frontline workers and leaders.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’