This course raises awareness of the importance of good communication, why breakdowns in communication are detrimental to staff and CYP, communication techniques and how to improve upon your skills. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Outline core principals of communication
- Discuss the effects of good and poor communication
- Discuss the skills needed for effective communication
- Discuss the barriers to communication and how they can be reduced
- Outline how you can communicate effectively with your colleagues
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’