The course provides information on the types of substances the learner may encounter, how to identify them and any effects that may occur from their misuse. It covers situations the learner may have to deal with in the home and how to avoid them. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Raise your awareness of COSHH and how it affects your workplace
- Help you identify hazardous substances
- Help you recognise the labels on household products
- Give you information to reduce dangers in the home
- Help your understanding of the need for safe storage
- Increase your awareness of how to deal with an accident involving hazardous substances
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’