This course provides progression from both the County Lines and the Knife Crime Foundation Level Online course. This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with children and young adults who are victims of County Lines. This course aims to raise awareness of County Lines and give insight into County Lines, what forms this takes and the terminology that is used within this. The learner will also break down the various components of County Lines, the impact that this has and the importance of Social Media and mobile devices in setting up and maintaining County Lines which will help the learner to understand signs and behaviours associated with it. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Help the learner to understand and support children involved in County Lines
- To identify terminology and prevalence rates of exploitation
- To discuss and breakdown Gang Violence within County Lines
- Examine associated behaviours and needs
- Highlight the impact on children’s wellbeing
- Explore process and policy in relation to reporting County Line concerns
- Introduce how to report and record
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Education Workers
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits