This course raises awareness of the issue of drug misuse in young people. It will provide learners with knowledge about substances and how they affect those under the influence of them. The course will guide learners in talking to young people about drugs and how to help a young person with a substance misuse problem. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Develop understanding around the difference terms
- Understand the roles of a carer
- Understand the dangers of drug misuse
- Understand the effects of drugs on children
- Identify signs of children taking drugs
- Explain what actions to be taken in emergency and non-emergency situations
- How to approach and talk with children about drugs and the dangers
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Education Workers
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’