This course provides progression from the First Aid Foundation Level Online course. This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with children and vulnerable adults. Learners will be encouraged to consider the topics covered including the Dr ABC, understanding and determining danger, the recovery position and CPR and the use of medicine and equipment to determine action to take. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain what Basic Life Support is in relation to First Aid
- Describe and demonstrate primary survey and AEDs
- Discuss and demonstrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in Adults and Children
- Identify and demonstrate actions for choking emergencies
- Demonstrate using AED’s
- Understand when to use and not use CPR.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Children’s Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Residential Care Staff, Teachers, Psychologists and Assistants, Nursery Workers
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’