This course provides a half day classroom-based training session for people working with people who have Epilepsy and use Midazolam or Buccal medication to manage this. This is an Essential Skills course and will cover the types of Epilepsy, an insight into how the brain is affected and the impact of seizures. There is also information on the impact that midazolam and Buccal have on people who suffer from Epilepsy. There is a professional competency section on how to safely administer anti Epilepsy medications including how to store these. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Define Epilepsy and associated conditions and provide facts to safeguard.
- Research the causes and symptoms of Epilepsy.
- Highlight how seizures can be triggered, how to respond to them and how to assist.
- Discuss legislation and interventions that are available to people who suffer from Epilepsy.
- Educate on use of Buccal and Midazolam.
- Look at alternatives to Buccal and Midazolam
- Provide information on how to support people with Epilepsy.
This is a cross sector course and will benefit all professional’s, frontline workers and leaders.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’