This is a half day classroom-based training session for staff working in health and social care in order for them to understand the importance of food safety, including hygiene, in the preparation and handling of food and the importance of nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Why it is important to work within food safety, hygiene and health and safety protocols.
- Demonstrate knowledge in temperature and storage.
- Identify effects of poor nutrition and hydration.
- Understand how to resolve difficulties with intake.
- Demonstrate what constitutes a balanced diet.
- How to effectively take a person-centred approach to nutrition and hydration.
Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits