This course discusses the different types of HSB and how it effects the child. It covers how to identify and manage behaviour and how to help young people with HSB as well as the carers role. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain the difference between normal, problematic and harmful sexual behaviours in children and young people
- Outline the causes and prevalence of this issue
- Provide awareness of some of the main assessment approaches
- Provide awareness of different interventions
- Discuss tools and skills for practice
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’