The course provides knowledge on food groups, physical activity and making healthy lifestyle choices as well as promoting and encouraging a healthy lifestyle in the home. This online course can be accessed via a range of platforms including IOS and Android, the programme benefits from an animated scenes and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify important nutrients for children and young people
- Explain how the Eatwell Guide can be used to make healthy food choices
- Identify the main food groups in the Eatwell Guide and show the proportion that each group should contribute to the overall diet
- Provide practical tips for making healthy food choices
- Explain the importance of physical activity
- State how much and what types of physical activity are beneficial for children and young people
This course is aimed at residential care staff, specialist health and education staff working with children, youth leaders and practitioners.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence