This is a half day classroom-based training session for those who are working (or going to work) with children and adults. This relates to the process used in the home, classroom or residential environment. This course also helps learners to develop strategies to prevent and control infection not only recognise it. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain Infection Prevention and Control including causes, disease, chain of infection and means of transmission.
- Outline legislation, guidance, policy and risk assessment.
- Provide awareness of safe practice and personal safety including hand washing and the use of disinfectant and handwash.
- Provide guidance to use PPE, sharps and decontamination.
- Discuss importance of person centred care planning.
Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Childrens Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits