This course identifies how CYP use the internet and the different types of dangers their activities can expose them to. It explains how care staff can promote the safety of CYP when using the internet, how staff can identify the signs that a CYP in their care is being groomed or bullied online and how to have conversations with CYP around keeping themselves safe. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive
Aims & Objectives
- Make you aware of conduct and risk taking behaviour
- Highlight and identify different areas that may pose a risk to CYP
- Discuss sexual abuse online and grooming
- Give advice on having discussions with CYP
- Identify how we can help keep them safe online
- Outline the advantages of the internet
- Give advice on how to access support
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’