This course will raise awareness of the issue of knife crime, define what knife crime is and the laws on knife crime, explain why a young person might carry a knife and how carers can help prevent knife crime and create a safe environment for young people. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Discuss the definition and facts on knife crime
- Explain why a young person may carry a knife
- Highlight social media’s involvement in knife crime
- Explain the 4 R’s
- Give an understanding of the signs and indicators
- Discuss how we can talk to young people and aid prevention
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence