The course will give insight into the challenges that children face with their identity and sexuality and will raise awareness on how attitudes and stereotypes can have a negative impact on children. We will introduce legislation, how this supports children and how we can help children with sexuality, gender or identity needs. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Define LGBTQAI+ and explain the individual groups and types including the overarching LGBT banner
- Explain terms relating to LGBTQAI+
- Discuss the law, legislation and international laws
- Highlight the negative aspects and sterotypes and views.
- Investigate what is being done to improve things for young people with LGBTQAI+ needs
- Provide sources of support for children and their families.
Residential Care Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’