This course provides progression from the Challenging Behaviour Essential Level course. This is a full day classroom-based training session for people working with children and vulnerable adults to understand and manage challenging behaviour and respond to how this presents itself in their day to day work practice. This course aims to support learners to understand the behaviours and attitudes that people present with and helps learners to put strategies into place. Learners will be supported to analyse different types of behaviour and also to look at strategies and interventions that can safely manage this behaviour. Learners will analyse and reflect on the relationship between trauma and behaviour and will give the learners nurturing positive behaviour strategies to interrupt the challenging behaviour and provide long term improvement. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Provide interventions which will impact on the learner and the people they care for and support.
- Demonstrate how to positively reinforce behaviour well.
- Reflect on positive and negative consequences for behaviour.
- Define the legalities and acceptable processes to use when managing challenging behaviour.
- Provide a tool kit that learners can use to provide meaningful interventions.
- Introduce the concept of social reinforcement and how this can work in care and support provisions.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Education Workers, Adult Support Worker, Nursing Staff
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards Badge of Excellence