This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with children and vulnerable adults. Learners will be supported to understand Manual Handling and the definitions of this. They will examine the functions involved in risk assessment, holding, lifting and hoisting techniques. There are also strategies given to help with Infection Control. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Gain knowledge of legislation and primary processes for holding, hoisting and lifting.
- Understand the main functions of the spine.
- Develop an awareness of the injuries that can occur and be able to risk manage
- Understand moving and handling techniques TILE and SMART
- Describe how to check equipment is safe and fit to use.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Adult Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits