The course raises awareness of the risk of young people going missing from care and provides information that the learner can use to help them respond appropriately should a young person in their care go missing. It also highlights their important role in prevention. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms. This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and quiz.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain the difference between the terms ‘missing from care’ and ‘away from placement without authorisation’
- Identify possible reasons for going missing from care
- Identify the risks of going missing
- Identify signs that could indicate a child may go missing
- Identify factors that could trigger a missing episode
- Explain your role before, during and after a missing incident
Residential Care Worker, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners,
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence