This is a half day classroom-based training session for those who are working (or going to work) with children and adults recognise the principles of safe moving and assisting and the safe use of equipment such as hoists. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain legislation, company policies and responsibilities.
- Identify different anatomy and physiology.
- Explain risk assessment, ergonomics and handling plans.
- Identify personal safety, principles of safer moving and handling, communication and team work
- Identify participation, person centred approaches, advice and assistance and recording.
Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits