This course will help learners to understand radicalisation, extremism and terrorism. To understand the government’s strategy to help stop terrorism, identify when a young person is at risk and help prevent them from being drawn into terrorism. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain the difference between radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
- Help you identify a range of indicators of children being drawn into radicalisation
- Help you recognise how children become radicalised
- Help you develop your role and help you facilitate change
- Improve your knowledge of the Prevent Strategy
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, residential care staff, specialist health and education staff working with children, youth leaders and practitioners.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence