This course will define what safeguarding is and it’s principles, help you to recognise situations where children may be at risk of harm, identify signs of abuse and cover procedure to follow. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain what safeguarding is
- State the principles of safeguarding for childcare settings
- Describe safeguarding legislation
- Identify types of abuse and their possible indicators
- Identify risk factors
- Outline your safeguarding responsibilities
- Emphasise the importance of whistleblowing
- Discuss disclosure and barriers to disclosure
- Explain how to respond to disclosure and record and report a disclosure/concern
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’