This course provides progression from the Safeguarding Children’s Essential Level course. This is a full day classroom-based training session for people working with children. This course is for those working in childrens residential care in order for them to have an understanding of the requirements around safeguarding, identifying abuse, being able to respond appropriately in situations where abuse is likely to occur and recognising the importance of reporting any suspected incidents. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Looks at legislation, guidance, policy and procedure relating to safeguarding.
- Identifies points regarding making safeguarding personal.
- Enables examples and signs of possible abuse to be given.
- Understands how to report and respond to disclosures of abuse and how to support adults at risk who make a disclosure.
- Identifies the role of other agencies and who to contact.
- Understands how to manage practice that helps to safeguard individuals from harm or abuse and also explain policy regarding monitoring.
Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £80 or 4 Credits