This course provides progression from the Self Harm Foundation Level Online course. This is a half day classroom/virtual classroom-based training session for people working with children and young adults who Self Harm. This course aims to raise awareness of self harming behaviour in children and young people and will provide strategies that can be used to support this. The learner will develop understanding about the signs, symptoms and triggers of Self Harm and will break down myths and preconceptions around self harming behaviours and the reasons for this. The course will also introduce recovery approaches, interventions and guidance that will help to move forwards the learner and the people they support This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Develop appropriate responses to Self Harming behaviours.
- Provide understanding and information on how to work with children who self harm including the use of interventions.
- Gain understanding on the types of Self Harm.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of Self Harm.
- Discuss meaningful interventions that can be used
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Education Workers
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’