This course explains what trauma is and why and how it occurs, provides examples of traumatic experiences, explains young people’s behaviour in reaction to trauma and how staff should approach care when looking after a traumatised young person. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Discuss the definition and prevalence of trauma
- Give examples of traumatic experiences and common reactions
- Discuss the long-term impact that can occur
- Give ideas on trauma triggers and responses
- Give an overview of trauma informed care
- Discuss that challenges you may face
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff.
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence