The course raises awareness of the factors that exist for victims of FGM and Breast Ironing, the importance of understanding the impact of this and how this can affect children and young people. The learner will also develop understanding on how best to support young people who have been victim to this practice. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Define FGM and Breast Ironing
- Describe and identify the different types of FGM.
- Provide awareness of how FGM and Breast Ironing are practiced, who does it and with who.
- Discuss the law and legislation around FGM and Breast Ironing and discuss how prevalent they are.
- Highlight reasons why it is practiced and reasons why it is opposed.
- Give information on what is being done to eliminate the practice and guidance on what we can do to support.
Residential Care Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits