This is a full day classroom-based training session for people working with children and vulnerable adults. This course is to provide healthcare support workers and adult social care workers with a basic knowledge of PEG feeding. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Understand guidance and key terms of Enteral Feeding
- Share indications for PEG feeding and associated risk
- Understand principles of nutritional administration – gravity/bolus/pump
- Recognise roles and responsibilities in PEG feeding including, care of equipment
- Recognising potential complications
- Analysing guidance on administration of medicines via PEG
Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.