This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with vulnerable adults to provide information on the cause, prevention and care of pressure areas. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain the function of the skin.
- Outline causes of pressure areas, the process of skin assessment and person centred care.
- Provide awareness of the classification of skin ulcers.
- Provide awareness of different considerations of Infection Control.
- Discuss importance of treatment and prevention of pressure areas.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits