This course covers the appropriate procedure for administering and handling medications, different types of medicines, who can administer medications, side effects, reactions and the rights of those receiving medication. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- explain the procedures and safe principles of handling medication
- explain what needs to be recorded and the MAR chart
- describe how to put into practice the ”RIGHTS” of medication administration
- identify a range of medications, their purposes, route and administration
- enable you to understand medication labels, Advise on how to store and dispose of medication safely
- inform on how to avoid and manage errors
- improve your awareness of some common side effects of medication
- describe what to do if a CYP has a severe reaction to medication
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’