This course provides progression from the Attachment Essential Level Virtual Classroom training course. This is a full day classroom-based training session for people working with children and young adults who are affected with Attachment Disorder. This course aims to support learners to reflect on their practice in relation to working with children and vulnerable adults and also to provide strategies and activities that the learner can use to support the assistance of healthy attachment in children who have attachment disorder or who have suffered with forming healthy attachments due to multiple placement moves. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Analyse and reflect on the barriers that children suffer with attachment
- Explain how to work with Attachment Disorder.
- Build upon the underpinning theory of attachment
- Recognise and manage behaviour linked to negative attachments
- Develop strategies to support children with poor attachments
- Understand the link between attachment disorder and trauma.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Childrens Centre Practitioners, Education Support Staff and Youth Workers
This course is accredited by Open Awards Badge of Excellence