Attachment underpins the relationships that CYP’s have with staff and other CYP’s. This course will provide strategies to help staff support CYP’s with negative attachments. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive
Aims & objectives
- Define attachment
- Discuss the background, facts and evidence of attachment in CYP’s
- Help you to be aware and understand the underpinning theory of attachment
- Identify barriers for CYP’s with Insecure Attachments
- Recognise behaviours linked to negative attachment experiences
- Suggest strategies to help CYP’s with poor attachments
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’