Dementia Awareness is a half day classroom based programme for practitioners working in the adult health and social care sector.
To enable learners to gain an awareness and understanding of dementia and reflect on their practice and that of others.
Aims & objectives
Embed understanding of:
- Types and Causes of Dementia
- Signs and Symptoms of Dementia
- Brain Functions
- Conditions mistaken for Dementia
- Models of Dementia
- Living with Dementia
- Carers’ Attitudes
- Communication with people who have Dementia
- Prevalence Rates and Risk Factors