This course raises awareness of the issue of drug misuse in young people. It will provide learners with knowledge about substances and how they affect those under the influence of them. The course will guide learners in talking to young people about drugs and how to help a young person with a substance misuse problem. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- explain carers role in raising awareness of the dangers of drug misuse
- explain the effects of drug misuse on CYP
- help recognise when a CYP is taking drugs
- explain what action to take in emergency and non emergency situations
- describe/demonstrate how to talk to CYP about drugs
Following completion of the course participants will know how to take appropriate action to prevent children bullying including how to educate children and young people about bullying and implement an anti-bullying ethos in the home.
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’