This is a full day classroom-based training session for people working with children and young adults who are affected by Eating Disorders. This course aims to support learners to develop an understanding and awareness to help learners understand the principles of eating disorders, discussing the important aspects regarding truly understanding the complexities and challenges faced by victims of eating disorders and develop strategies to work with this need. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- An Introduction to Eating Disorders
- Identify potential triggers of Eating Disorders
- Define Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder (BED) and Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)
- Understand how to treat Eating Disorders and the principles of Helping Victims of Eating Disorders
- Define misconceptions regarding Eating Disorders
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Childrens Centre Practitioners, Education Support Staff and Youth Workers
This course is accredited by Open Awards Badge of Excellence
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits