This course raises awareness of the issue of female genital mutilation, its origins and its prevalence today. How to help young girls who have undergone the procedure, how to identify a girl at risk and a carers role in upholding the law are also covered. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- increase your awareness of female genital mutilation
- explain the implications, both physically and emotionally on young girls
- help you recognise the signs and symptoms of FGM
- describe the law and current legislation surrounding FGM
- help you recognise your supporting role
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector
Course length- 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’