This course introduces basic first aid principles, what to do in a variety of emergency situations, how to treat different injuries and where to get help. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- introduce you to the three principles of first aid
- explain what a primary survey is
- help you recognise the importance of communication
- give details of CPR and the recovery position
- identify a variety of first aid issues, Give information on how to manage different situations
- describe what a first aid kit contains
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’