This course raises awareness of the dangers of food poisoning, storing and preparing food correctly and preventing contamination. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & Objectives
- Help you to apply good food hygiene practices so that you are able to provide Adult with food that is safe to eat and won’t make them ill
- Help you understand what you can do to prevent food poisoning, including the steps you can take
- Identify ways to maintain cleanliness
- Describe methods to prevent cross contamination
- Give you information on storing and heating food at the correct temperature
Adult Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Nursing staff, Adult Day Care/Centre workers, Home Care Staff, Agency staff
This course will take a minimum of 45 minutes to complete.
This course is accredited by Open Awards – Badge of Excellence