This course raises awareness of the dangers of food poisoning, preventing contamination and storing and preparing food correctly. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- help you to apply good food hygiene practices so that you are able to provide CYP with food that is safe to eat and wont make them ill
- help you understand what you can do to prevent food poisoning, including the steps you can take
- identify ways to maintain cleanliness
- describe methods to prevent cross contamination
- give you information on storing and heating food at the correct temperature
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’