This course discusses the different types of HSB and how it effects the child. It covers how to identify and manage behaviour and how to help young people with HSB as well as a carers role. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- explain the difference between, normal, problematic and harmful sexual behaviours in children and young people
- outline the causes and prevalence of this issue
- provide awareness of some main assessment approaches
- provide awareness of different interventions
- discuss tools and skills for practice
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’