This course raises awareness of the importance of infection control and provides knowledge on the types of infection, routes of transmission and measures to limit the spread of infection. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from narrative scenarios and activities with ongoing assessment making it engaging and interactive
Aims & objectives
- Provide background information on Infection Control and the importance of Public Health
- Discuss legislation and policy relating to Infection Control
- Highlight the importance of risk assessment and management in Infection Control
- Include the Chain of Infection and how to break it
- Enable learners to describe the types of infection, diseases that fall under the types of infection, routes of transmission and key principles of Infection Control
- Include Infection Control measures related directly to children and vulnerable people and the responsibilities of staff and management
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’