This course will raise awareness of the issue of knife crime, define what knife rime is and the laws on knife crime, explain why a young person might carry a knife and how carers can help prevent knife crime and create a safe environment for young people.
Aims & objectives
- Discuss the definition and facts on knife crime
- Explain why a young person may carry a knife
- Highlight social medias involvement in knife crime
- Explain the 4 Rs
- Give an understanding of the signs and indicators
- Discuss how we can talk to young people and aid prevention
Course Audience Practitioners in the Looked After Childrens Sector.
Course length 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards Badge of Excellence