This is a full day classroom-based training session for those who are working (or going to work) with children and adults with the knowledge required to understand the issues involved in loss and bereavement. The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Explain what is meant by the term loss and bereavement.
- Identify different definitions and models.
- Explain personal reflections on loss.
- Identify what staff can do to help.
- Provide strategies on Looking After Yourself to consider avoiding compassion fatigue.
Course Audience – Psychologists, Teachers, Speech Therapists, Learning Support Assistants, Residential Social Workers, Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Support Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Support Worker, Nursing Staff, Children’s Residential Care Workers, Education workers.
Course Duration – 6 hours
This course is accredited by Advantage Accreditation.