This course provides progression from the First Aid Foundation and Essential Level courses. This one-day course trains delegates to be mental health first aid champions. Delegates will gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and be given the confidence to promote mental health awareness. The course gives delegates the ability to spot signs of mental ill health and the skills to support positive wellbeing for themselves and others.
The course features a range of group work, activities including role play and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Understand about Mental Health First Aid
- Demonstrate knowledge about mental health and stress in the workplace
- Explain impacts that alcohol, drugs have on mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
This is a cross sector course for anyone who understands the benefits of having a Mentally Healthy workplace.
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’