This course will define what safeguarding is and it’s principles, help you to recognise situations where children may be at risk of harm, identify signs of abuse and cover procedure to follow. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- Explain what safeguarding is
- State the principles of safeguarding for childcare settings
- Describe safeguarding legislation
- Identify types of abuse and their possible indicators
- Identify risk factors
- Outline your safeguarding responsibilities
- Emphasise the importance of whistleblowing
- Discuss disclosure and barriers to disclosure
- Explain how to respond to disclosure and record and report a disclosure/concern
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’