This course provides knowledge on how safer caring practices apply to a carers role and improve the quality of care. This e-learning session can be accessed via a variety of electronic devices. The programme benefits from animated scenarios and activities with on-going assessment making it engaging and interactive.
Aims & objectives
- give you an understanding of what Safer Caring means
- show you why its relevant to you and how to apply it in your role
- help you to recognise how to be risk sensible
- discuss professional boundaries and the importance of consistency
- enable you to recognise the difference between a complaint, allegation and serious concern
- help you to minimise the risk of complaints, allegations and serious concerns being made against you
Course Audience – Practitioners in the Looked After Children’s Sector.
Course length – 20-30 minutes.
Accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’