This course provides progression from the Substance Misuse Foundation Level Online course. This is a half day classroom-based training session for people working with children and vulnerable people who misuse substances. This course aims to support learners to understand Substance misuse and provides them with the tools should this be an issue for people they care for and support. The course will also help them to understand the dangers that substance misuse can present with and highlights the importance of prompt action when substance misuse is identified. The course features a range of group work, activities and discussions to enhance learner skill development. This training session can be accessed via a link and is accessible from a range of devices including IOS and Android platforms.
This course offers a blended learning approach including a short scenario, a workbook, infographics and a classroom style training session.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify the factors that can cause substance misuse.
- Understand the different types of drugs, effects and risks and the ways to consume drugs so that learners are well informed of the signs.
- Understand the substances most commonly used by children and vulnerable people.
- How to recognise when a substance has been misused.
- Explain what to do in an emergency and non emergency situations.
- Describe how to communicate with and discourage substance misuse.
Health Care Workers, Social Care Workers, Children’s Centre Practitioners, Youth Workers, Education Workers, Adult Support Worker, Nursing Staff
Available Course Dates
Please click on the following dates to book onto a session:
This course is accredited by Open Awards ‘Badge of Excellence’
The course price is £40 or 2 Credits